Healthy Holiday Eating Tips for Diabetes
You’ve worked hard to maintain your blood sugar level this year, so don’t let the holidays throw you off!
These simple tips will help you stay on track:
• Don’t skip breakfast, snacks or other small meals. (You’ll be more tempted to overindulge later)
• Reach for fresh fruit and vegetables that are raw, steamed or grilled.
• Sip on calorie-free drinks such as sparkling water.
• Exercise after a meal as a great way to lower your blood sugar. Go for a brisk walk.
• Don’t forget to check your blood sugar regularly.
• Simply choose a smaller plate to reduce portions.
Source: American Association for Diabetes Educators (AADE)